Genesys GL835 SD Card Interface chip spec
Genesys Logics GL835
This is a local copy of http://www.genesyslogic.com/en/product_view.php?show=72 for achival purposes.
GL835 is a crystal-less USB 2.0 to Single LUN SD3.0 (UHS-I/SDR-50)/MMC Memory Card Reader controller.
It supports USB 2.0 high-speed transmission to Secure DigitalTM (SD), SDHC, miniSD, microSD (T-Flash), MultiMediaCardTM (MMC), RS-MMC, MMCmicro and MMCmobile on one chip. It also supports huge density memory cards (up to 2TB), such as SDXC and Memory Stick XC. As a single chip solution for USB 2.0 flash card reader, the GL835 complies with Universal Serial Bus specification rev. 2.0, USB Storage Class specification ver.1.0, and SD/MMC card interface specification.
The GL835 integrates a high speed 8051 microprocessor and a high efficiency hardware engine for the best data transfer performance between USB and flash card interfaces. Its’ pin assignment design fits to card sockets to provide easier PCB layout. Inside the chip, it integrates 3.3V to 1.8V regulators and power MOSFETs and it enables the function of on-chip clock source (OCCS) which means no external 12MHz XTAL is needed and that effectively reduces the total BOM cost.
- USB specification compliance
- Comply with 480Mbps Universal Serial Bus specification rev. 2.0
- Comply with USB Storage Class specification rev. 1.0
- Support one device address and up to four endpoints:
- Control (0)/ Bulk Read (1)/ Bulk Write (2)
- Integrated USB building blocks
- USB2.0 transceiver macro (PHY), USB controller, Build-in power-on reset (POR)
- Embedded 8051 micro-controller
- Embedded mask ROM and internal SRAM
- Secure Digital™ (SD)
- Support SD specification v1.0 / v1.1 / v2.0/ SDHC (Up to 32GB)
- Support SD specification v3.0 UHS-I: SDR25/SDR50
- Support 1.8V/3.3V switch signal pads
- Support SDXC (Up to 2TB)
- ※ Optional: MultiMediaCard™ (MMC)
- Support MMC specification v3.x / v4.0 / v4.1 / v4.2.
- x1 / x4 bit data bus
- On chip clock source (OCCS) to eliminate the use of one 12MHz crystal from board
- Support 3.3V power input
- On-Chip 3.3V to 1.8V regulators
- Provide Over-Current protection mechanism for safety power supply
- On-Chip power MOSFETs for supplying flash media card power
- Support Power Saving mode/ Selective suspend driver for better power management.
- Support Spread Spectrum Clock enabled by vendor driver for SD to reduce EMI effect
- Support Remote Wakeup by default
- Support SD CPRM
- Support Intel Power Optimizer
- Support Microsoft InstantGo
- Support RTD3
- Package available in 24 pin QFN (4x4 mm)